Friday, February 10, 2012

C4T #1 With Ms. Gret Sandler


In my C4T assignment, I was assigned to Ms. Sandler and the first blog that I commented on was titled "Finding My Voice". As I began and continued to read her blog, I found that I too had the same issue with trying to figure out how to say or write what it is that I am feeling. In this particular blog of Ms. Sandler's, she is explaining how at one point she could never find the right words at the right time. She goes on and explains how she would have all of these words swimming around in her head, but for some reason she could not find the correct way to say it. We may know this to be called writer's block.
The more Ms. Sandler got into her teaching and technology, she learned about blogging. Once she started blogging, she said everything started coming out! She did not know exactly where these words were coming from, she was just ecstatic that they were finally coming out! It was nice reading Ms. Sandler's blog.
I responded by saying how awesome it was that she was able to rekindle her passion of writing. For I love to write, so I know how stuck she felt when she could not come up with something. I continued on with saying how new I am with blogging and that I hope to experience the amazement that comes with it. It is amazing to see/read the obstacles that people have overcome in reaching for their success.

The second blog that I commented on from Ms. Sandler was titled "Kids Motivating Other Kids to Blog!". I thought this blog of her students learning how to blog was precious. Ms. Sandler was able to post some of the comments from her students, and as I was reading their comments, you could hear the excitement coming from their voices. Ms. Sandler mentioned how of a treat is was for her to watch and listen to her students learn and teach each other at the same time. I fully agree with her. Seeing a child learn something new and seeing the excitement that comes after it is definitely heart warming. I mentioned in my summary that it sound as if they really enjoyed themselves, and that blogging is a wonderful way for them to receive positive feedback from their teacher as well as their peers.

No comments:

Post a Comment