Sunday, January 22, 2012

Blog #1










Hello, my name is Angela Smith and I am a junior majoring in elementary education. I am from Mobile and I've never lived anywhere else. I am the youngest of two girls, no brothers and my sister and myself are very close. I have a boyfriend whom I've been with for almost six years (since the eleventh grade) and he is in the National Guard. I attended Ben C. Rain High School and while I was there I became a member of the band becoming a majorette, graduating in 2008. After high school, I attended Bishop State Community College where I received my associate's degree in May of 2011. Both of my parents are college graduates and both were awarded scholarships. My sister is a real-estate agent, a certified surgical technician, and an assistant store manager at Walmart.

I chose to major in elementary education because of the love and passion I have for education. I love to learn, so therefore I want to be able to teach and show children just how important yet fun, learning is. I personally believe that its up to the teacher to make the learning process interesting and fun. True enough, there will be a child or two (possibly more) who will need that extra attention with their academics and that's okay; every child is different and everyone learns differently. I chose to attend The College of Education here at South after completing junior college because of the great things I heard from various people. I took it upon myself (and my adviser from my junior college) did some research, and enrolled. I've been attending South since last summer semester and I'm enjoying it so far.

4 comments:

  1. We welcome your generation of your family to South!


    Please combine all parts of a post assignment into ONE post in the future. Multiple posts waste a lot of time for the evaluators. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angie!
    It sounds like you will be a great teacher one day! I agree that it is a teacher's responsibility to make the learning process interesting and engaging for students. I also appreciate that you pointed out the fact that every student learns differently. I think all future educators should consider that piece of information before stepping foot into a classroom. I wish you the best of luck in your final years of college!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Dr. Strange and Laura! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete