Tuesday, March 6, 2012

C4T#2 With Ms. Hadley

In my C4T assignment, I was assigned to Ms. Hadley and the title of her post that I commented on was "Blog Post # 100!". In this particular post, Ms. Hadley discusses how writing (basically blogging) was intimidating at first, but now enjoyable. She mentioned how it takes one day and one step at a time to master something. Ms. Hadley continued by stating that we never know what a child has faced before coming to class, which is very true. Despite whatever a student has faced before coming to class, a teacher must make sure that the environment for learning is fun. I agreed with her saying how it is not only the teacher's job to teach, but to also have communication with his/her students.

In the second post titled "Ungraded Classroom", this post was on the teaching of memorization. Like many of us, memorizing helped me many times in my classes. Ms. Hadley states that there are various of techniques of learning how to memorize, which is true. She states in the beginning of her post how students learning how to memorize also teaches them about themselves. This gives a student an opportunity to see what memorization method best fits them. I agreed with Ms. Hadley and stated how there are many ways for a student to learn anything. The look on a child's face when they have mastered something is priceless and that is what I cannot wait to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment